Wednesday, October 30, 2013

ouch!


I had the best intentions on our trip.  I was going to make a bunch of snacks ahead of time and I was going to look up restaurants with gluten free menus so we could stay "clean" the whole time.  There's a place I've heard of that has a road lined with good intentions.  Let's just say, it didn't happen.  First of all, I am famous for trying to pack too much into a day.  But this wasn't all of my doing this time.   It took so long to get all of the house projects done and to get all of the clutter out that by the time we got the house listed to sell it was right before we were going to leave.  We decided with the Realtor that we would actually wait until the day we left to list it so that we didn't have to deal with showing it while we were getting ready to go.  That was hugely helpful but it meant that as we loaded the car to leave I was literally going through each room making sure it was cleaned and ready for the open house happening that same afternoon!  At the very end I made sure I was the last one out the door and no one had touched anything.

Audrey's vine pretty much sums it up - you can see it here.  You just have to realize that she loves purple and I took great pains to paint that room just the way she wanted it :)

Any way, with the packing for a trip, packing for a year at college, cleaning and de-cluttering - I didn't get to the snacks.  I didn't really even get to the second half of the trip for Craig and I.  I was still making reservations as we drove down the road!  After 2 weeks of eating out and only some of the times being smart about it, my body was quite angry with me!  It took about 2 weeks to get back on track.  It doesn't help that selling a house is just plain stressful too.  But slowly and surely I'm getting there.  It was a good lesson that it's a lot easier to fall off the clean wagon than it is to climb back aboard!  

No comments:

Post a Comment